Tag Archives: 8007000E

Windows Update Agent woe Part II

Following on from my blog here, I applied the server-side WSUS update, KB2938066. I then ran the server clean up wizard and was quite surprised at the numbers:

Hmmm

Hmmm

It does make me wonder if the server clean up wizard alone is enough. it’s something I need to look into… I would not have considered there to be so many deletions for a database that is cleaned up once a month. However I digress.

Continue reading

Advertisements

Windows Update Agent woe

I’ve come across an issue with my Windows 7 PCs during this month’s alpha testing. Some PCs would pick up updates, and consume gigabytes of memory. Others would just refuse to do anything. Upon further digging, I found that my x86 PCs were reporting no errors Config Manager wise, but the WindowsUpdateAgent.log kept throwing up this error code:

2015-06-11    13:16:23:757    5340    17bc    COMAPI    WARNING: ISusInternal::GetUpdateMetadata2 failed, hr=8007000E

There's always something!

There’s always something!

Continue reading